Thursday

ALEXANDER WANG ASPIRES TO BE THE NEXT R. LAUREN
Photobucket
On a daily basis I am inundated by a mixture of answers to twitter's "What's happening?" Most are personal tweets of friends/classmates that often go unread while the other half are of fashion bloggers and "stakeholders" who I only wish followed me back. Today, while scrolling through my timeline, I came across a tweet from Fashionologie saying: "Alexander Wang Wants To Be the Next Ralph Lauren." After reading the title of the article, I was baffled. In fact I am still baffled. Creating a brand like Ralph Lauren takes tons of marketing research and, of course, branding. Unless Alexander Wang totally reconstructs his aesthetic, which I do not see happening anytime soon, this is not achievable. Ralph Lauren is brilliant; his brand is appreciated across the globe and in almost every social class. My father wears Ralph Lauren, my grand father wears Ralph Lauren, and even I wear Ralph Lauren- that alone speaks volumes about his garments, no? Maybe I'll be proven wrong and will see more lines and development from AW. He's still young and everything is so premature.
Click here to read Fashionologie's article
 
Copyright 2009 Des Couturiers. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan